MARC 2023 – April 14-16, 2023
Milwaukee, WI – Hyatt Regency Milwaukee & The Wisconsin Center
Host Institutions: Medical College of Wisconsin & University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
Registration Now Open
Take Two! After the disappointment of canceling the MARC 2020 meeting due the start of the pandemic, we are incredibly excited to welcome you back to our beautiful state of Wisconsin this spring. The Medical College of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin’s Anesthesiology Departments and the AMAAC are honored to host the Midwest Anesthesia Conference on April 14-16, 2023 in Milwaukee, WI. The conference will be held in the modern Wisconsin Center and our host hotel is the newly renovated Hyatt Regency Milwaukee. This year’s conference will attract residents, fellows, faculty, and students from throughout the Midwest and from 35 different anesthesia departments. The participants will present their unique and medically challenging cases and describe their novel research and quality improvement projects. The MARC conference has grown in its 62 years to be the largest resident conference in the USA. We expect greater than 600 participants to gather, share ideas, educate their colleagues, compete, network, and socialize along the beautiful shore of Lake Michigan. We hope to see you all in Milwaukee as we share in this outstanding educational experience.
Whether you are new to the MARC or a repeat contributor, please note some important details for 2023:
- The conference fee for attendees from member institutions is $400 per person. The fee for attendees from nonmember institutions is $750. The discounted rate of $225 will still apply to medical students.
- Please be sure to review the instructions for submitting abstracts very carefully to ensure your institution's abstracts are properly accounted for and assigned. Copies of the instructions can be found in the "Abstracts" tab of this website and will also be emailed to all program coordinators in December. The coordinators will submit all final abstracts on behalf of the trainees.>
- E-Posters will be available again this year! All submissions and posters will be electronic with no printing required.
- Now is the time to make your residents/fellows/medical students aware of the conference and the website and encourage them to participate by submitting abstracts on clinical and basic science research as well as challenging case reports. Section categories and instructions for formatting can be found on the "Abstracts" tab above.
- PowerPoint presentations will once again be permitted to include video clips! Please see the "Abstracts" tab for specifics.
- Awards will be given to first, second, and third places for poster and oral presentations in all categories.
- The AMAAC monetary award will be given to the first, second, and third place recipients for the Basic Science poster presentation category.
- This year’s meeting will once again be paperless with a dedicated mobile device meeting app.
- Saturday night promises to be a great time for all with a group social event at the Punch Bowl Social Milwaukee.
- We have had outstanding industry support for previous MARC meetings, and MARC 2023 will be no exception. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with industry representatives during a Friday evening welcome reception and throughout the day on Saturday. Door prizes are awarded at the awards ceremony on Sunday for those present thanks to the various sponsors.
- This year, the MARC will require all attendees to be fully vaccinated or provide proof of negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hours of arrival.
- We also will be following all Milwaukee County and City health guidelines at the time of the event, which may include requiring masking at in-person meetings. We respect the right of individuals to mask if they desire.
We look forward to seeing you in Milwaukee in April!
Christina D. Diaz, MD FASA FAAP
MARC 2023 Conference Lead Co-Chair
Medical College of Wisconsin
Kristopher Schroeder, MD, FASA
MARC 2023 Conference Lead Co-Chair
University of Wisconsin