2017 Midwest Anesthesia Resident’s Conference
April 21-23, 2017
A WELCOME FROM THE CO-CHAIRS
On behalf of the Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Chicago, Loyola University Medical Center, and Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center Departments of Anesthesiology, we welcome you to Chicago for the 2017 Midwest Anesthesia Residents Conference.
Please note some important details of the 2017 MARC:
- Registration fees for the conference have changed! The conference fee for attendees from member institutions is $375 per person this year. The discounted rate of $150 will still apply to medical students.
- The instructions for submitting abstracts have changed! Please be sure to review this information very carefully to ensure your institution's abstracts are properly accounted for and assigned. Copies of the instructions can be found in the "Abstracts" tab of this website and will also be emailed to all program coordinators in December.
- New this year! E-Posters! All posters will be presented electronically this year. The PDF that residents submit on March 24th will be the final poster displayed on an LCD screen at the MARC. No need to print the posters!
- Now is the time to make your residents aware of the conference and the website and encourage them to participate by submitting abstracts on clinical and basic science research as well as challenging case reports. Section categories and instructions for submission can be found on the "Abstracts" tab of the MARC website.
- PowerPoint presentations will once again be permitted to include video clips! Please see the "Abstracts" tab for specifics.
- Awards will be given to first, second, and third places for poster and oral presentations in all categories with overall top awards being sponsored by FAER and IARS.
- There will be a separate pre-conference meeting on Friday, April 20, 2017 for AMAAC Department Chairs, Program Directors, and Chief Residents. Immediately following will be a welcome reception for all meeting attendees.
- This year’s meeting will once again be paperless with free WiFi available throughout the meeting areas and a dedicated mobile device meeting app.
- Given our location in the heart of downtown Chicago, Saturday night’s social agenda is bound to be a great opportunity for residents to enjoy time with colleagues from throughout the Midwest!
We have had outstanding industry support for previous MARC meetings, and MARC 2017 will be no exception. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with industry representatives during a Friday evening welcome reception and throughout the day on Saturday. For more information on 2017 MARC, visit the MARC Website by clicking here!
We look forward to seeing you in April!
Antoun Koht, M.D. | Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Peggy J. Wheeler, M.D. | University of Illinois at Chicago
Michael O’Rourke, M.D. | Loyola University Medical Center
Kenneth D. Candido, M.D. | Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Click to Register For MARC 2017