2019 Midwest Anesthesia Resident’s Conference
April 12-14, 2019
On behalf of Beaumont, Detroit Medical Center, Henry Ford Health Systems, McLaren Greater Lansing, University of Michigan, and Wayne State University, it is our pleasure to welcome you to Detroit the weekend of April 12-14, 2019 for the Midwest Anesthesia Residents Conference. The MARC is a great opportunity for anesthesiology residents across the region to network, share scholarly activity, and present interesting cases to their colleagues. As the MARC continues to grow, we are very excited for you witness the tremendous growth we’ve also enjoyed here in Detroit and promise it will be a great weekend for all.
Whether you are new to the MARC or have attended in the past, please note some important details for 2019 as several items have changed from last year:
- The conference fee for attendees from member institutions is $400 per person. The discounted rate of $225 will still apply to medical students.
- Please be sure to review the instructions for submitting abstracts very carefully to ensure your institution's abstracts are properly accounted for and assigned. Copies of the instructions can be found in the "Abstracts" tab of this website and will also be emailed to all program coordinators in December.
- E-Posters will be available again this year! All posters will be electronic with no printing required.
- Now is the time to make your residents aware of the conference through this website and encourage them to participate by submitting abstracts on clinical and basic science research as well as challenging case reports. Section categories and instructions for formatting can be found on the "Abstracts" tab above.
- PowerPoint presentations will once again be permitted to include video clips! Please see the "Abstracts" tab for specifics.
- Awards will be given to first, second, and third places for poster and oral presentations in all categories with overall top awards being sponsored by the Association of Midwest Academic Anesthesia Chairs (AMAAC).
- There will be separate pre-conference meetings on Friday, April 12, 2019 for AMAAC Department Chairs, Program Directors, and Chief Residents. Immediately following will be a welcome reception for all meeting attendees.
- This year’s meeting will once again be paperless and we will use a dedicated mobile device meeting app.
- Saturday night promises to be a great time for all at Punch Bowl Social – a fun and funky spot that offers great food and old-school games.
- We have had outstanding industry support for previous MARC meetings, and MARC 2019 will be no exception. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with industry representatives during a Friday evening welcome reception and throughout the day on Saturday.
We look forward to seeing you in April!
Nicholas Yeldo, M.D.
2019 MARC Conference Lead Chair
Henry Ford Health Systems
Registration Now Open
View Our Past E-Brochure
MARC 2016 MARC 2017 MARC 2018